Sunday 17 August 2008

trouble wit PAYPAL

we moved house last year, that means New address, I changed provider, that means, New email address, I have from the same provider telephone, so that means New telephone number, get it so far ?

I ordered 4 patterns and some other ithems on Ebay (2 different sellers) and wanted to pay with my creditcard, but PAYPAL said, NO, you can't do that because your new address, email address and telephone number are not the same as the information we've got coupled to your creditcard !! still with me ??
so I had to fax my passport, and a number what I got of PAYPAL to a number somewhere in europe, then it would be sorted within 7 days, that was on July 30 !! and cost me €4,50.

i received an email from PAYPAL , thanking me for the information, they would now put 2 small amounts of money in my bank account, I had to activate my new account with putting in the 2 amounts of money ( say 0,11 and 0,04)in and that was than sort of pincode and all would be fine ! hope you can still follow ?

I started paying my debts and what happened ? my creditcard was not accepted because the address I'd put in was not the same as in their system !! so phoned them again, 0,10 per minute, and first you get some nice music, but you hang on, than this voice telling you, sorry but it could be another 2 min, so you hang on, I've waited 17 min. and then this young man said, Oh mrs, xx something must have gone wrong, I'll sort it out now !!!! got an other email, I'd had to fax a recent creditcard payment slip, my passport and new address, email address and phone number, costs € 4,50 !!

that was the day before yesterday 14 August , I've had no conformation, nothing !!!

I keep in touch with the sellers on Ebay and they keep mailing me back, they will extend the payment time !!
that is so good of them !!

but Paypal told me that I could pay the people via them with my bankaccount number, so, I started doing this, and a thought hit me Light Bulb , how much is that going to cost me , transferring money to a seller in China and one in the UK. ??
I phoned the bank they said, €5.99 per transaction !! no way I'm going to do that !! the patters would cost me 3 x the price from the shop price !!

If you use PAYPAL, Never move house !!





TO DO WITH PAYPAL !!!!





3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh wow...that doesn't sound right. I hope it gets figured out.

Anonymous said...

I moved house and changed my address with no problems, and I have changed my credit card numbers a few times too. But I did do it one at a time. I don't know if that makes a difference.
Mind you when I rang them up they weren't that helpful. And they can give your information out. I really wan't that impressed.

Ken's choice said...

WHAT IS SO NICE ABOUT THIS, IS THAT A LADY i ONLY KNOW FROM THE BOARD, HAS OFFERED TO PAY FOR ME, I COULD THEN PAY HER WHEN IT WAS ALL SORTED !!
THERE ARE SUCH LOVELY PEOPLE ON THIS WORLD !!
GOD BLESS THEM ALL !