Saturday 9 August 2008

CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST !!

yes, I've had 2 surprises in one week, really it's better than Christmas !!

on August 4, I got an email from http://www.123stitch.com/ with a gift voucher for 70 US dollars, to be spend at the 123 online shop, (my favourite on line shop) and a message reading this:



Message: "From the ladies of Cross Stitch Crazy: We love you and hope this opportunity for a stitchy bonanza will take your mind off of everything that happened, for a little while."





then yesterday 08-08-08 ,we came home tired from shopping in a nearby town in the pouring rain, when the telephone went, It was Kristin from North Carolina, whom I'd asked a technical question and she said It's easyer to tell you than to explain in an e-mail, we have been on the phone for nearly 30 min. and she got it working for me.!!

then the doorbel went, and I, not wanting visitors, said, Oh, bug off,!!!! but opened the door, my neighbour stood there with a parcel , she said this is from America for you, It was addressed to me with as sender Kristin !!

when I opened it, I could not believe my eyes !!! there was a large LOVE QUILT , 42 different squares with stitched pictures and poems , stitched by 40 different ladies and 2 teenage boys ,absolutely beatyfully quilted by Kristin,

I'm with friends tomorrow and I'll ask Paul to take photos of it ,and if you keep an eye on this Blog, I'll post the photo(s) asap. and you can see for your self.

but besides the quilt, there were a couple of cards from my friends and a lovely little photo book with pics of my friends on the board, http://www.crossstitchcrazy.yuku.com/ who have participated (not all the girls were in the book) .

it was a very emotional moment when I looked at all the pictures ,many with Ken's name and the words, " friends" and "Love" on it !

that was twice in one week that they'd made me sob my eyes out !!

words to describe my feelings at the moment ?? I can't think of any, the nearest I get to is:

I"M SO VERY VERY HAPPY !!!

Thank you all so much, I love you all !





update on Ali, she has come home yesterday, I went to see her this morning with some flowers,

and when she opened the door, I had to control myself , not to say, OMG you look bad !!

she has lost a lot of weight, has totally no colour in her face, looked all untidy (and she is such a proud well dressed little lady normally), she'll get a nurse to wash her once a day, she'll get a alarm necklace, she has to wear that day and night. and I'll keep an eye on her.



well, that was it for today, I'll be back soon with Photos and a
update on my Celtic Spring !! Big Hug





2 comments:

Kristin said...

Henny dear...I am so glad we could do that for you. I would love a picture of you with the quilt but, if you would like the pics I took, you can find them at Henny's Quilt

Ken's choice said...

Kristin my friend, I have posted your photobucket everywhere I could,the quilt held up by Tilly and me is on the board and on my blog, God I'm so proud of it,
Coby absolutely adored it, Tilly said, tell the girls that I'm very nice too !! Yeah ,as they say in Britain, NOT ON YOUR NELLY !!!
I have decided that I'm going to put it on Ken's bed. I think it's a shame to use it as a wrap !!
I've told Paul and Tilly to go on my Blog every day, I want to get to 24000 visits too !! but I'm doing well.
tomorrow I'm going to follow the instructions you've send me, I'm too tired now with all the talking we've done today !!
hugs for you.