Sunday 8 March 2009

Magpies !!















sitting here, looking at the trees in front of my window, I see two magpies, breaking short and long twigs of the branches. they're building a nest a few trees away, and always when I see one magpie, I immediately look for a second one because this poem comes into my mind,
one for sorrow
two for joy
three for a girl
four for a boy
five for silver
six for gold
seven for a secret never to be told.
when next time you see a magpie, always look for others (they have to be near each other)
to see as many as seven, you'll have to wait until the babies are leaving the nest or when the acorns are falling of the trees.
as you can see, I've posted two magpies for you, the joy will be there already !!

2 comments:

Velda said...

I've never seen a magpie, these are beautiful!

Kristin said...

They are gorgeous...fabulous pics!