Thursday 4 September 2008

Why are they being so difficult ?

It is just 6 months ago that my dear Hubby passed, and you would think that things should be settled by now, but NO , the bank still manages to get me upset.
They (the bank) want me to take Ken's name of the joint account ? Why ? I'm not hurting anybody by leaving Ken's name on, I don't HAVE to take it off , I've asked a legal representative just to make sure that I was right !
But they (the bank) said I had to show them an official death certificate, and a letter from the Last will and Testament department to say that Ken's testament is not valid anymore, WHY WHY WHY ?
I was his only next of kin ,we have no children and there are no children from our previous marriages, Ken had no brothers or sisters , so that means what we had when he died, is now mine, doesn't it ? YES ,because it is stated clearly in his OFFICIAL last will and testament, made up by a Notary Public.!
I went to the bank this afternoon and told them that I wanted to close the account , (I had already opened a new account in an other bank.) the girl sorted it all and voila!! I have one thing
less to worry about !!
I'll get there in the end, but didn't think it would take this long !

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Isn't it unbelievable how much petty crap there is to deal with? {{{Hugs}}}

Chris said...

{{{HUGS}}} sorry the bank is being such a pain.

Ken's choice said...

thanks girls, I wish you had been with me in that bank, this sort of thing makes me miss Ken so much !!

Raven/Missy said...

Henny I am sorry that the bank is giving you such a hard time. As far as I know you are correct, leaving his name on there does no harm.

*HUGS*