Friday 3 October 2008


we, Paul, Henny, Coby and Tilly, went to the Zoo in Amsterdam , ARTIS

here are 2 photos of old warehouses in Amsterdam from the time Amsterdam was a very thriving city, now made into VERY expensive apartments

I think most people like butterflies, but why don't they like the caterpillars, without them we wouldn't have butterflies !!

Ok, they are not so nice looking but they are the parents of the beautiful looking insects you'll see in a minute





This butterfly fancied Tilly, it must be her perfume or.... he just preferes blonds !


feeding time, they are well looked after .






and breeding time !

This one would not sit still for the photoghrafer !!

beautiful to look at, but when he opened his wings he was bright blue, but not for me !!

see through beauties, Gossamar wings.
first something to eat before we go to the big animals.

and then there are the monkeys, I told Paul that his brother had changed since the last time I had seen him, (old joke, but still what can you expect from an old lady ?)

Mother and baby

Mom and Daddy

The Dutch Niagara falls !

Flamingos



A funny bird is a Pelican, His beak can hold more than his belly can !



waiting for a part in the new Harry Potter film.

The guards, nothing will escape their little eyes.


Man was he hammering those big tires, I woul'n't like to come accross him in the dark, he was a very big Lad !!

The Queen of the Jungle in a small area.

Here w saw the reptiles, I was lucky to get these pictures, they were all behind glass.

his breakfast is waiting next to him to be eaten !!

this Adder had very dull eyes !


Sit down for 5 min. My Goodness, do you feel your back and legs after 3 hours walking !!

This little gekko,was jumping up and down, I think he wanted to come home with me !!
we've had a lovely day and what Coby and I didn't know, it was Tillies treat for Paul's 67th
birthday
Thanks Tilly and Paul, we've had lovely day !!

8 comments:

Velda said...

Henny those are GORGEOUS photos. I LOVE the reptiles and especially enjoyed the photo of the butterflies with gossamer wings. GORGEOUS!

Ken's choice said...

Gosh Velda, I was still editing them, you are one very quick lady !
I still have to put some pics in, but I don't think I can do that after I posted It.
Thanks Velda, I love the reptiles and the butterflies best too, I felt sorry for the other animals !!

Kristin said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos Henny and it sounds like y'all had a wonderful time. I adore the pic at the top of the page that Coby took. What a great picture.

The butterfly that is brown when its wings are closed and bright blue when it opens is called a Blue Morpho Butterfly.

Finally, you can add pics..
1 Go to your dashboard
2 Click on Edit posts
3 once the edit page opens, click on the edit link next to this post
4 add the pics
5 republish the post

Ken's choice said...

Thanks Kristin, you're a love.
now can you tell me how to remove pics altogether from my blog ??

Deirdre said...

Great pictures! When I was a little girl, I use to have jars and jars of caterpillars. I loved to play with them and keep them as pets. LOL!

Ken's choice said...

I think that is funny Deidre, I had cats and dogs !!
but I love caterpillars and butterflies.

Meari said...

What a fun day!

Julie said...

Hope you don't mind. I stumbled across your blog from a link on another site. Love love love your photo's. Thanks for sharing. My name is Julie from Iowa.